For Healthcare Professionals
Request an Appointment
Departments and Centres
Health Enrichment Centre
Health Enrichment Centre
Disease-Specific Health Programmes (available from 1 Jan 2013)
CNY Health Screening Package
Standard Health Screening Programmes
Corporate Health Screening
Student Visa Medical Examination
HEC Articles & Health Screening Feature
Health Screening Terms Explained
What should I do?
Fasting is required from the night before the appointment, i.e. do not eat or drink any flavoured drinks from
(only plain water is allowed). This will ensure better accuracy of your blood tests results.
If you are unwell, please reschedule your appointment as illness and medications (e.g. antibiotics) may affect your screening results.
Light refreshments will be provided at Health Enrichment Centre once your blood has been drawn by our nurse and/or after completing your ultrasound abdomen examination.
Bring a record of your past medical report (up to 3 years prior), existing medications or any vitamin supplements etc, if any. X-ray films are not necessary.
Please continue to take your medications before coming for your health screening appointment. If you are a diabetic patient,
please do not take your diabetic medications on the morning of your health screening appointment.
For Stool Analysis (Stool for Occult Blood):
- Avoid red meat and iron supplements 3 days before the appointment.
- Collect about 2 teaspoons of stool and place in a small, clean plastic container and label it with your name. You may collect your stools on the night before (after 5.00pm), or on the morning of your health screening appointment.
For Urine Analysis
- Your collection of urine should be done 5 days after the last day of your period or 2 weeks before the first day of your period so as not to affect test results.
For Treadmill Stress Test
- Please bring along your running shoes and sports gear.
For Mammogram, please note the following:
- Avoid this examination if you are pregnant.
- Arrange for your appointment about 1 week after your last day of menstruation.
- On the day of the appointment, do not use talcum powder, deodorant or body lotion on the chest.
- Do bring along mammogram films that were done up to 2 years prior for comparison.
For Ultrasound Abdomen:
- Do not take any food at least six hours before the examination.
- If you are a smoker, please refrain from smoking on the day of your appointment until after your ultrasound has been completed.
For Detailed Eye Screening
- Please remove your contact lens to allow us to carry out the test. We would suggest that spectacles be worn on the day of the appointment.
For Pap Smear
- Avoid sexual intercourse 48 hours before the test
- Do not use spermicides, vaginal creams, lubricant jellies, vaginal medications or tampons 48 hours before the test.
- Your pap smear should be 5 days after the last day of your period or 2 weeks before the first day of your period so as not to affect test results.
On my appointment day
Please bring along your:
- NRIC / Passport / Employment Pass / Work Permit
- Letter of Recognition and / or staff identification for corporate accounts
- Bring a record of your past medical report (up to 3 years prior), existing medications or any vitamin supplements etc, if any. X-ray films are not necessary.
You might also be interested in...
Health Screening Appointment Request Form
Caring for you since 1844 © Copyright 2014
Tenders & Quotations
Best viewed using Internet Explorer 7.0+ or Mozilla Firefox 3.5+