A workshop on the management of the massively bleeding patient. This workshop aims to equip learners with knowledge and skills needed to manage an acutely bleeding patient. Through a combination of lectures and live stations, it will introduce the use of ROTEM and TEG to guide therapy in cardiac, obstetric, trauma, liver and anticoagulated patients.
- Pathophysiology of the Massive Bleeding
- Viscoelastic Haemostatic Assays (VHAs) - How do they work and what can they do?
- Role of Coagulation Factor Concentrates in Massive Bleeding
- Using VHAs (ROTEM and TEG) to guide management of the bleeding cardiac, obstetric, trauma, liver and anticoagulated patients
- Intra-operative cell salvage and rapid transfusor systems