A ‘Client’ refers to an individual registered in a Client programme.
TO PROVIDE CLIENTS WITH NECESSARY INFORMATION AND SERVICES TO ENABLE THEM TO STAY WELL.
You will be informed of the reasons why we run our programmes that help you to stay well and healthy, how these benefit you, what our screening tests, assessments or treatments entail, and any other information deemed relevant and significant by our care professionals in facilitating your decision to participate in our programmes. These include:
- Information on the risks and benefits of community screening, assessment, vaccination and other community-based programmes.
- Associated follow-up steps, post-participation in our community-based programmes, if any.
You will be informed of your right to withdraw from our programme.
TO TREAT ALL CLIENTS WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT
You shall be treated with respect, dignity and compassion regardless of race, gender, age, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, social status, mental or physical abilities.
TO MAKE KNOWN THE IDENTITIES AND ROLES OF EACH CLIENT’S CARE TEAM
You are entitled to know the identities and roles of the healthcare practitioners responsible for your care.
TO MAINTAIN PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF CLIENT’S INFORMATION
We will protect the confidentiality of your identifiable information that is collected when you enroll in our programmes and will respect your rights under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. Your information will be part of your medical record. Access, use and disclosure of information is limited to the care providers, professionals, partners, including community health and social partners administering Client programmes, public agencies and public healthcare institutions. Your information may also be uploaded to and retained in the National Electronic Health Record (NEHR) system.
You agree that NHG (including its institutions within NHG) and/or its partners may collect, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes (“Purposes”) in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
- Your information may be used/disclosed to provide integrated, longitudinal, person-centric relationship-based care in order to improve your health. This may include preventive care, social engagement, chronic disease management, coordination of care, support for self-management; as well as patient care, referral, follow up, and education. It may be used for supporting operational and financial processes.
- Your information may be used/disclosed to comply with reporting or audit requirements, or to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines or rule, or to assist in law enforcement, investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority, or to respond to your feedback and queries.
- Your information may be used/disclosed for education and training of healthcare staff including medical/nursing/allied health students and trainees.
- Your information may be used/disclosed for population studies and research to help us improve overall health of our population. It may be used for analytics to support reporting responsibilities, service planning, quality improvement, clinical governance, programme evaluation and knowledge discovery through research.
Click here for more information on NHG Personal Data Protection commitment.
PROVISION AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
You are required to:
- Provide accurate information to the best of your knowledge about your health (mental and physical).
- Inform us if you do not understand what our staff tells you about your condition or next steps in your care journey.
RESPECT AND CONSIDERATION FOR OTHERS
You are required to:
- Respect the confidentiality and privacy of other Clients in your programme.
- Be responsible for your own valuables and personal possessions during our programme.
- Treat our staff, other Clients and anybody present with respect and courtesy.
- Treat our equipment with due care and responsibility.
PARTICIPATION IN PROGRAMMES & ACTIVITIES
- Inform us if you anticipate any problems with your participation in our programmes.
TO PROVIDE A CHANNEL FOR CLIENTS’ COMPLIMENTS AND FEEDBACK
We appreciate feedback on areas we have done well or can improve upon. If you have any feedback, please send your details to the Feedback Form.