What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy, also known as physical therapy, is a healthcare profession that involves the following:
- Rehabilitation to ensure maximum recovery and early independence of an individual who has disease or injury
- Health promotion and prevention of injury
What Does a Physiotherapy Session Consist of?
The physiotherapist will ask questions about your condition before proceeding to a physical assessment.
Treatment type varies according to your needs. The physiotherapist will assess, plan and explain the treatment recommended. The objectives of treatment are to:
- Manage Pain
- Prevent Recurrences
- Increase Physical Strength
- Improve your ability to perform daily tasks
Treatment Methods Include:
- Manual Therapy
- Joint Mobilisation Techniques
- Electrophysical Treatments (Ultrasound, Heat and Electrical Stimulation)
- Gait and Balance Training
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage Techniques
Cost of Treatment
Cost of treatment ranges from $10 to $35 for subsidised patients and $30 to $90 for private patients.
- Physiotherapy session are available on appointment basis only.
- If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please contact Central Appointment Lines at 6357 7000 with two days advance notice.
- If you missed three consecutive sessions without prior notice or did not return within three months for treatment, a new referral from your doctor would be required.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment time for registration.
- Patients who are late for appointments would be seen at out discretion and may need to reschedule.
Please wear comfortable and appropriate clothing (e.g. shorts and T-shirts) for the physical examination and treatment.
Duration of Physiotherapy
Each session lasts about 30 to 60 minutes.
Accompanying persons are advised to remain at the waiting area.
Medical certificate (MC) would not be provided but time chits can be issued upon requests. Please enquire at the counter after your therapy session.
For more information, you can contact us at 6357 8307.
Download English PDF
Download Chinese PDF