We provide 24-hour emergency services in trauma care, toxicology, observational medicine, pre-hospital emergency care, disaster medicine, and is one of the busiest emergency departments in Singapore.
Our team provides medical expertise for emergencies which are sudden, urgent or unexpected occurrences that require immediate medical attention.
The conditions include:
- Sudden, severe chest pains or breathlessness
- Choking or difficulty in breathing
- Loss of consciousness
- Head injuries with bleeding, drowsiness or vomiting
- Drug overdose or poisoning
- Traffic or worksite accident
- Broken bone or dislocation
- Sudden abdominal pains that do not subside
- Deep cuts with uncontrollable bleeding
TTSH ED Queue Status
This queue status provides the public with a gauge of the number of patients currently waiting at our Emergency Department.
No. of patients awaiting
for consultation: 26
Longest waiting time
for consultation: 168 min
Last updated at 23-Feb-2017 10:14 PM Refresh
Upon arrival, patients will be registered, screened and triaged to the respective consultation areas, segregating those with fever and/or respiratory symptoms from the others.
Walk-in patients are advised to bring along their identification document and referral letter (if available) on the day of visit.
For infection control purposes, only 1 visitor may accompany a patient at any time and 2 visitors may be registered per patient.
Most non-emergency cases which are common and mild can be treated by visiting the family doctor.
- Mild fever
- Cough and colds
- Small cuts or bruises
- Superficial burn or scald
- Localised rash or insect bite
- Minor nosebleed
- Chronic aches and pains
- Mild diarrhoea and vomiting