Due to an overwhelming amount of registrations received for 2017 - February 2018 courses, it is no longer possible to register or be placed on waitlist. Only 2018 (May onwards) application is available.
About ATLS Course
The Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Program, designed by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) Committee on Trauma (COT), aims to improve the care of trauma patients. The 2-day course includes didactic lectures, an animal practice session and real-time trauma simulation sessions. Doctors will be taught a systematic, concise method of establishing assessment and management priorities in the care of the trauma patients.
The ATLS Program aims to provide the participant with a safe, reliable method to assess the patient's condition rapidly and accurately, resuscitate and stabilize them according to priority, determine if there's a need to transfer the patient to another facility, arrange for inter-hospital transfer and ensure that optimal care is provided.
Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate concepts and principles of primary and secondary patient assessment.
- Establish management priorities in a trauma situation.
- Initiate primary and secondary management necessary within the "golden hour" for the emergency care of acute life-threatening emergencies.
- Demonstrate, in a given simulated clinical and surgical skill practicum, the following skills used in the initial assessment and management of patients with multiple injuries:
- Primary and secondary assessment of a patient with simulated, multiple injuries
- Established a patent airway and initiating one- and two-person ventilation
- Orotracheal and nasotracheal intubation on adult and infant manikins
- Pulse oximetry and carbon dioxide monitoring
- Assessment and management of the patient in shock, including initiation of percutaneous venous access and recognition of life-threatening hemorrhage
- Venous cutdown (optional)
- Pleural decompression via needle thoracentesis and chest tube insertion
- X-ray identification of thoracic injuries
- Peritoneal lavage, ultrasound, and CT evaluation of the abdomen
- Head and neck trauma assessment and management with GCS scoring
- Identification of intracranial lesion by CT scan
- X-ray identification of spine injuries
- Neurotrauma evaluation
- Musculoskeletal trauma assessment and management
Course Fees (Include Goods & Services Tax)
|National Healthcare Group (NHG) Doctors
|Non-NHG Doctors / Overseas
Click here to register for Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Course
||Cheque - Please make it payable to "Tan Tock Seng Hospital Pte Ltd" and mail to:
11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng
Annex 1 Level 4, Singapore 308433
Attention: Ivy Ngiam
Trauma Service c/o Dept. of General Surgery
||Visa/MasterCard - Please click here to download form and fax/email to:
Attention: Ivy Ngiam
||Account Name: Tan Tock Seng Hospital Pte Ltd
Bank Name: DBS Bank (Bank Code 7171)
Bank Branch Name: Singapore (Branch Code 003)
Bank Account No.: 003-927355-0
Bank SWIFT Code: DBSSGSG
We regret that no refund will be made once course materials are sent. Any replacement must be conveyed to the organizer in writing at least one month prior to the course.
The organizer reserves the right to cancel the workshop and fully refund the participants should unforeseen circumstances necessitate it. TTSH Trauma Service accepts no responsibility for covering airfare, hotel or other costs incurred by the registrant.