Requests for medical information can be made in the following manner:
- For medical reports, download and complete Consent for Release of Medical Information form.
- By submitting an insurance or MOM form to be completed by the physician. For example: MOMworkmen compensation form, insurance physician statement, and clinical abstract form. (Patient to fill in relevant portions completely before submission).
- Patient can write in permitting the hospital to release medical information for a stated purpose.
- By applying at HIS in person.
- Interested third parties can write in together with patient's consent, permitting the hospital to release medical information for a stated purpose. As for foreign workers that have returned to their native country, employers are also required to submit these foreign workers' written consent and cancellation of work permit.
Consent by Next-of-Kin for Estate Claims form to accompany when medical information of a deceased patient is required for the purposes of estate claims.
Request for medical report will only be processed upon receipt of your documents, consent form (Consent for Release of Medical Information) or insurance form, and appropriate payment.
|PRODUCTS/ SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE HEALTH INFORMATION SERVICES
|Completion of an insurance form by HIS staff
Brief information containing diagnosis, name of procedure, ICD9 / ICD10 codes and visit dates.
|Ordinary Medical Report
This is a factual report of the patient's medical condition. A doctor will write the medical report based on patient's medical information available.
|Psychiatric Ordinary Medical Report
This is a factual report of the patient's medical condition. A doctor from Psychological Medicine will write the medical report based on patient's medical information available.
|Completion of a detailed insurance form by a doctor
Information required may consist of diagnosis, name of procedure, and details of medical condition or treatment given.
|Completion of a MOM Workmen's compensation objection form by a doctor
This is for the purpose of re-determining work-related injuries and the degree and period of disability when patient objects to the results of the initial workmen's compensation report raised. The MOM objection report is done by two doctors who are consultants and above. We accept MOM objection reports of patients assessed by doctors of other hospitals for the initial report.
|Specialist Medical Report
This report is prepared by the patient's specialist in response to requests that require a professional opinion with regards to the patient's prognosis and disabilities. It is based on an actual assessment of the patient and may involve a review at the Specialist Outpatient Clinic.
|Psychiatric Specialist Medical Report (Simple)
This report is prepared by the patient's psychiatrist in response to requests that require a professional opinion with regards to the patient's prognosis and disabilities. It is based on an actual assessment of the patient and may involve a review at the Psychological Medicine Specialist Outpatient Clinic.
|Psychiatric Specialist Medical Report (Complex)*
This report is prepared by the patient's psychiatrist in response to requests that require a professional opinion with regards to the patient's prognosis and disabilities. It is based on an actual assessment of the patient and may involve a review at the Psychological Medicine Specialist Outpatient Clinic and Medical Report for application of Court Appointed Deputy.
|LPA (Lasting Power of Attorney) Certificate*
Issuance of LPA Certificate
|Second Opinion Reports
This report is written for people who are not patients of TTSH but seek a professional opinion from our Specialists. Its format and scope is the same as the Specialist Medical report. It is based on the assessment of the patient and involves a review at the Specialist Outpatient Clinic.
|Duplicate Copy of Investigation Results
Selective duplicate copies of investigation results such as blood test results, lab results, investigation reports (ECG, Electrophysiology, EMGS), X-ray and other radiological reports can be made available.
|S$5.35 per type
|Duplication of X-ray Films
Original x-ray films can be duplicated.
|S$15 – 16.05 per copy
|Certified True Copy of Medical Report
A duplicate copy of medical report that was previously applied before.
|S$10.70 per copy
|Overseas Handling Fee
For medical reports that needs to be sent out of Singapore, an overseas handling fee applies.
|Reprint of Medical Certificates Issued
A duplicate copy of electronic medical certificate issued by the wards and clinics.
|S$10.70 per copy
Updated 1 February 2014
Medical report fees are chargeable as per discipline and 7% GST is included in the medical report fees stated above. Additional charges, incurred for investigations such as X-ray or lab procedures ordered for the completion of medical reports, are to be borne by the patient separately.
*For the Psychiatric Specialist Medical Report (Complex) and the LPA (Lasting Power of Attorney) Certificates, the respective medical report fees do not include the consultation fees, if patient has to be assessed by a specialist first for the purpose of providing these reports. Consultation fees will be charged separately by the clinic on the day of the assessment.
As a general guide, the time frame for completion of medical reports is between 4 to 6 weeks.
It may take longer if:
- Patient has upcoming clinic appointments
- Patient has been hospitalised
- Multiple reports are required from several clinical departments
- Doctor is away
Specialist Medical Reports and Workmen Compensation cases require more processing time as a review at the Specialist Outpatient Clinic may be required after the patient has been discharged or given open date from clinic review.
Duplicate copies of medical records can be collected on the spot if the request is made in person at HIS.
Requests of such a nature received via post will be completed within 2 weeks of receipt at the Health Information Services.
Patients can request for the medical report to be:
- Mailed to them – Mailing address to be provided at the point of application.
- For personal collection at HIS, the patient's contact number is to be provided at the point of application
- Patient will be contacted once the report is ready for collection.
- NRIC of patient and payment receipt to be produced upon collection.
- Authorisation letter is required if a third party is collecting on patient's behalf.
Address : Health Information Services (MRO)
Tan Tock Seng Hospital
Level 2, Tan Tock Seng Medical Centre
11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng
Tel : 6357 8448
Fax : 6357 8449