Graduated with MBBS from the National University of Singapore in 1976. He obtained his M.Med Surgery and FRCS fellowship in 1981 and completed Kleinert Louisville Hand Surgery Fellowship training in 1987.
- Chief of Hand Surgery Department at Singapore General Hospital (1988-2003)
- Past President of Singapore Society for Hand Surgery
- Past President of Asian-Pacific Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand
- Member of Hand Expert Group, AO Technical Commission (1999-2004)
- Chairman of Specialist Training Committee in Hand Surgery (2005-2006)
- International member of American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Overseas Member of British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Member of Arbitration committee, Workmen compensation, MOM
- Currently the Senior Consultant Hand Surgeon of Hand Surgery Section, Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
- Clinical Assoc. Professor, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
- Visiting Consultant to KK Women & Children Hospital
- Visiting Consultant to Hand Surgery at Singapore General Hospital
- Anatomy tutor to Department of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
Invited as faculty members/ speakers in over 280 international, regional and local courses, conferences and meetings. Presented over 600 lectures and scientific papers.
Over 70 scientific papers & book chapters published in local & international books & journals.