Located at various areas in the hospital, we serve patients from the outpatient specialist clinics including National Neuroscience Institute (NNI), Dental Clinic and Day Surgery Centre.
Our pharmacists play an important role in patients' medication treatment plans by assisting them to understand on consumption of medication and how it works.
Our pharmacists provide advice on queries about treatment of minor ailments, travel medicine, travel-related issues and basic smoking cessation.
Over-the-counter medications and pharmacy-only medications are available for purchase. We are located at the Pharmacy Care Counter, within the Retail Pharmacy.
Counselling services are available for the following:
- Fever and Headache - Analgesics, e.g. paracetamol.
- Cough and Cold - Antihistamine to stop runny nose, cough suppressant.
- Sore Throat and Mouth Ulcer - Lozenges and mouth gargles to relieve sore throat, mouth ulcer preparation.
- Diarrhoea - Charcoal, anti-diarrhoea, rehydration salts to replenish lost salt, Lactobacillus Flora replacement.
- Travel Sickness - Anti-motion sickness medication
- Malaria Prevention - Anti-malarials
- Insect Bites - Insect repellants, antiseptic preparation, anti-itch cream.
- Smoking Cessation - Patch, gum, lozenges, inhaler preparation.
We provide sale of medications wholesale to general practitioners and private specialists.
National Healthcare Group (NHG) partner clinics are entitled to a discount on their signed orders.
Points to note
- You have to purchase oral medications in their full packaging (i.e. per bottle or per strip). We are unable to sell in loose form.
- We are unable to sell controlled drugs and codeine-containing preparations under signed orders.
How to order?
Please fax your signed order to 6357 2035 from Mondays to Fridays, between 9am to 5pm (excluding Public Holidays and eve of Public Holidays) and at least 1 working day in advance so that we can process your request.
Please proceed to Counter 29, Outpatient Pharmacy (Main Dispensary) during operating hours. You will need to produce the original copy of the signed order upon collection. If you are a NHG partner clinic, please produce the NHG partner card for entitlement of the discount.
Our home delivery service allows you to enjoy the convenience of having your purchase delivered right to your doorstep.
- It is only extended to patients of Tan Tock Seng Hospital and the National Neuroscience Institute.
- Only applicable for long term or repeat prescriptions where there are no changes from past medication records or no new medicine.
- As we are unable to deliver certain medications, please call us at 6357 2050 to verify your eligibility. Terms and conditions apply.
How to order?
Please call 6357 2050 or send an SMS to 9721 9589 (with the patient's name, patient's identification number and your contact number) from Mondays to Fridays, between 9:30 am to 5:00 pm (excluding Public Holidays and eve of Public Holidays) and at least 3 working days in advance so that we can process your request.
Alternatively, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details.
If you are eligible, you will be requested to leave the original prescription with us at the pharmacy before arranging for delivery.
Monday – Friday : 11am – 8pm
Saturday : 11am – 2pm
Sunday & Public Holiday : Not available
We will personally contact you to arrange for the delivery. Delivery will be within 1 week of your order unless there is a request for express delivery (delivery within 4 hours). Fridge items will also be express delivered. Express delivery charges apply.
Our fast track service allows you to pre-order medications from your partially-filled or repeat prescriptions before you arrive at the pharmacy.
You may also choose to opt out of medication counselling if you are familiar with your medications.
How to order?
Please call 6357 2050 from Mondays to Fridays, between 9.30am - 5pm (excluding Public Holidays and eve of Public Holidays) and at least 1 working day in advance so that we can process your request.
Please proceed to Counter 29, Outpatient Pharmacy (Main Dispensary) during operating hours. You will need to produce the original prescription upon collection of medications, if you are holding on to it.
- You are not claiming under Medifund/ Medical Fee Exemption/ Public Assistance/ Medisave/ Medishield/ Medisave-Approved Integrated Plans.
- There are no changes in prescribed medication dosages and frequency from the previous collection history.
- Medication is not a controlled drug.
Our smoking cessation clinic is run by a team of pharmacists and nurses who are certified Quit Smoking Consultants.
The objective is to guide smokers through the process of quitting and help them to prevent relapses. Studies have shown that advice and support from professional consultants improve the quit rates of smokers.
What you can expect
We will conduct for you, a thorough assessment on the following areas:
- Personal smoking history
- Family smoking history
- Reasons for smoking
- Level of nicotine dependence
- Stage of readiness to quit smoking
- Motivating factors
Based on the information gathered, we will guide you in coming up with an appropriate plan to quit smoking. We will also provide advice on how to cope with withdrawal symptoms and cravings. If necessary, we may recommend medication to aid the quitting process (e.g. nicotine replacement therapy, bupropion and/or varenicline).
First session : $15.45
Follow-up session : $7.45
Tel: 6889 4345 / 6889 4343 (for enquiries or appointments)
Wednesdays: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Fridays : 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Saturdays : 9:00 am – 11:30 am
The medication review service is provided by our pharmacists to help you understand your medications, herbs and supplements.
You may benefit from the medication review service if you:
- Are taking more than five chronic (long-term) medications
- Are receiving medications from more than one doctor / institution
- Wish to find out more about the medications that you are taking (e.g. use, side effects, drug or food interactions)
- Wish to know if you are able to take other herbs and supplements with your medications
- Have a lot of old medications at home
It is a private, 30-minute consultation with our pharmacists who can:
- Help you to sort and organise your medications
- Answer your questions about your medications
- Provide advice if you are able to take other over-the-counter (OTC) medicines, herbs or supplements with your current medications
Please bring along these documents on the day of appointment:
- All medications (prescription, OTC medicines or supplements)
- Recent discharge summaries, if any
- Recent health screening, laboratory reports or blood test results, if any
The service is available on an appointment basis.
Tel: 6357 2040 (for enquiries or appointments)
Mondays to Fridays : 9.30 am – 11.30 am & 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
We have a team of pharmacists trained to provide medication reconciliation services to nursing homes.
Our objective is to improve nursing home residents' health outcomes, quality of care and cost efficiency of the nursing home through better medication management and working collaboratively with nursing homes' multi-disciplinary team.
- Providing comprehensive medication review
Providing advice and ensure proper medication handling, storage and disposal
- Collection of medication history and medication information
- Ensuring medications and dosages are appropriate
- Resolving medication discrepancies
- Minimising wastage and improving cost savings
Tel: 6357 2040 (for enquiries)