Teamwork plays an important role in the management of severely injured patients. As much as surgeons need to be trained in trauma surgery, nurses should also be equipped with sound knowledge of their treatment and management.
The Definitive Perioperative Nurses Trauma Care (DPNTC) Course is designed to provide Perioperative Nurses with the skills necessary to effectively assist surgeons in the Operating Theatres when dealing with life-threatening injuries in the early stages of surgical management.
The DPNTC Course will be delivered to you by a group of very experienced Trauma Surgeons and Nurses. It is conducted in conjunction with the Definitive Surgical Trauma Care (DSTC) Course and is suitable for Perioperative Nurses with a minimum of two years' working experience in the Operating Theatres.
Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Promote a multidisciplinary approach to perioperative trauma management
- Provide a realistic simulated environment to practice surgical procedures including all members of the multidisciplinary team
- Promote leadership in the management of the trauma patient in the operating theatre
- Demonstrate new surgical techniques for trauma management
- Identify the role of the perioperative nurse in the multidisciplinary team in promoting optimal patient outcomes
- Identify key communication issues in multi trauma management
- Discuss trauma management procedures and protocols in the multidisciplinary context
- Demonstrate dexterity in the performance of trauma surgical techniques