This clinical attachment aims to provide quality Antimicrobial Stewardship Programme (ASP) training to registered secondary and tertiary care pharmacists seeking to incorporate antimicrobial stewardship in their practice settings.
The supervised attachment by a faculty of experienced pharmacists and infectious diseases physicians will allow participants to gain confidence in application of stewardship principles.
- Recognise commonly acquired inpatient infections and recommend appropriate empiric or culture directed therapy according to guidelines / best practice
- Design customised treatment plans utilising patient factors, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic principles of anti-infectives to optimize care
- Identify contemporary management strategies to address the challenges of stewardship
- Develop effective communication skills for inter-professional interactions
- Assess outcomes and impact of antimicrobial stewardship
- Hospital pharmacists looking to further their knowledge to enhance their care of patients with infectious diseases
- Pharmacists who completed or currently undergoing antimicrobial stewardship / infectious diseases course, looking to apply and consolidate their knowledge in a practice setting
- 4-6 weeks (depending on availability)
- Fees: TBD
Email with the subject "ASP Clinical Attachment" to ASP@ttsh.com.sg