TTSH is a teaching hospital where Medical, Nursing, Allied Health and Pharmacy students come to learn. Students posted to TTSH are integrated into the patient's care team. Partnership and collaboration amongst the health care teams are the foundation to improving patient outcome, and the importance of such collaboration is reinforced throughout the student's learning experience at TTSH.
Pre-Professional Education Office (PPEO) is an integrated office set up on 1 April 2013 to coordinate, review and improve Pre-Professional Education programmes in TTSH. Pre-Professional, refers to Allied health, Medical, Nursing and Pharmacy students from ITE, Polytechnics and Universities who have not graduated from their NITEC, Diploma or Degree courses.
In addition, we take greater effort in selecting and training a community of competent, nurturing and confident teachers and educators to ensure that student's learning experience is memorable and meaningful.
PPEO strives to make TTSH the finest institution for clinical training among pre-professional students and eventually be the employer of choice amongst future healthcare professionals.
Our scope of work includes:
- Health profession students' clinical rotation/attachment to TTSH.
- Organisation of examinations and revision sessions for the health profession students.
- Administration of clinical teaching by TTSH staff for health profession students.
- Faculty Appointments and Development.
- Students and Faculties' welfare.
- Point of Contact for the recruitment and management of Standardised Patients (SPs) for TTSH and NHG Cluster Teaching Activities.