The Department of Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery specialises in the management and treatment of all disorders and injuries of the upper limb that affect the function of the hand.
In Tan Tock Seng Hospital, our Hand Specialists are well versed in the diagnosis and treatment of various traumatic and non-traumatic upper limb conditions.
We provide comprehensive management of all upper limb injuries and diseases through the following services:
- 24-hour Accident & Emergency
- Specialist Outpatient Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgery
Our service is complemented by an expert team of
Occupational Therapists to ensure an optimal outcome and help patients resume daily activities. Our Occupational Therapists also provide work rehabilitation and ergonomic consultation to facilitate the patients' safe and early return to work.
Our Hand Specialists
treat a wide range of acute and chronic conditions of the upper limb, such as:
- Trauma – fractures and amputations
- Wrist ligament injuries
- Trigger finger
- De Quervain's tenosynovitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Nerve compression
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Ganglion cysts
- Degenerative diseases such as osteoarthritis
- Inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and gout
- Repetitive Stress Injuries (RSI)