Download PDF, 1.24MB, PDF
What is LEAPP?
LEAPP is a one-stop specialised clinic that enables you to receive:
- Timely specialist(s) review
- Early investigations
- Prompt treatment for your diabetic foot disease
aims to avoid amputations and reduce hospital stay.
The LEAPP Team
Comprises a team of multidisciplinary healthcare providers:
Who is at Risk?
1. Patients with diabetes may have:
2. Signs that puts you at risk of acute foot attack:
3. After an open wound becomes infected, it may progress to tissue death and lead to amputation.
Foot ulcers and amputations will affect activities of daily living such as walking.
Signs of Acute Foot Attack
- Red and Swollen Foot
- Increased Warmth
- Black Discolouration
- Pus Discharge
- Fever/ Unwell
During Your First Visit
You will be seen by different specialist(s) and relevant allied health professionals (podiatrist, wound care nurse, diabetic nurse clinician) on the same day. Payment depends on which service(s) is/are utilised on the visit.
In Your Next Visit
In your next visit to LEAPP Clinic, you will be seen by the respective multidisciplinary team members within the same day.