The Thoracic Surgery Service at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) is dedicated to prevention, early diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the lung.
The Service expands thoracic surgery options for patients using minimally invasive approaches, including video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS), and robotic thoracic surgery.
Our surgeons are trained at international centres. In TTSH, they provide state-of-the-art surgical techniques benefiting patients towards smooth and fast recovery state. In terms of Cancer Therapies for the patients with lung cancer, our surgeons take a multi-disciplinary approach to the treatment of lung cancer with a major focus in research of early diagnosis, better cancer staging, and predication of recurrent disease in lung cancer. They work closely with the divisions of respiratory medicine, medical oncology, radiology and the radiation oncology, so they can streamline the patient experience.
Our cardiothoracic surgeons treat the following diseases:
- Lung cancer
- Benign diseases and tumors of the lung
- Chest reconstruction after major trauma or surgery
- Lung volume reduction surgery for emphysema
- Mediastinal tumors and diseases (including the surgical treatment of myasthenia gravis)
- Pleural diseases (including pneumothorax, infections and pleural effusions)
- Chest wall tumors
- Sympathectomy for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)