Introduction to Spine and Chronic Pain services
Chronic back pain and spinal surgery are related to prolonged discomfort and intermittent physiological and psychological symptoms that require long-term treatment. Treating long term somatic and symptomatic pain is challenging and complex and it requires a fine balance.
It is important that the patient and family have a good understanding of their symptoms and the solutions available to help keep their pain in control as well as maintain daily activity and work life balance.
The chronic pain / spinal nurse clinician maintains partnership with patients and physician to help provide information, counselling and psycho-education support to help patients manage their pain and disease progression.
Our Services Include:
- Understanding of the disease progress.
- Understanding of pain control and the need of pain management.
- Understanding back care and good postures.
- Understanding important of exercises related to back care and pain to prevent complications.
- Understanding problems and interventions maintain change and prevent lapse in Cognitive.
- Behavioral Therapy.
Project (Poster and Oral Presentation, and Publications)
|Jamila Chemat, Fong SY, Lin SH, Kwan KM||2001||Quality Project: To Discharge Patient going for Lumbar Discetomy Within 24hrs Poster Presentation (PDF, 662KB) ||Annual Scientific Meeting National Health Care Group Singapore.|
|Jamila Chemat, Yu CS, Chan KF, Low YP, Li YH, Tan KK, A Tow, A Earnest||2001||Outcome Assessment In Patient with Back Pain (PDF, 1.3MB) ||Annual Scientific Meeting National Health Care Group Singapore.|